Friday, August 19, 2011

Planting Seeds of Hope and Faith


My life has taken a fantastic turn. I was offered a job! Teaching 5th and 6th grade Math, Science, Social Studies and Technology has been a greater blessing than I could ever imagine. God in His infinite wisdom knew exactly what I needed when I needed it.

From recent posts you may have read about experiencing pain or discovered that I suffer from infertility.  Drawing from my gardening references in Feeling the Pain, I realize that I have planted many seeds in my life – doubt, anger and even bitterness. When will I stop comparing myself to others? Keeping myself from seeing God’s everyday harvest, I should have been planting seeds of hope and faith.

With this new turn in my walk with the Lord, I am discovering I am made for so much more than even I want for myself. He wants me to burst all over the world with His love and because of who He is, our God and King - I want to do that for Him. His gentle prodding has helped me to push the doubt, confusion, anger and bitterness away and focus on what He has for me in the now. Desperation has taken a back seat. Finally, I feel my focus shifting and I am able to say, “Your will oh Lord.” And whatever comes, I know He will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment