Friday, May 27, 2011

Me, Wonder Woman?


Embarrassingly, I admit, I love super hero movies. The characters fly, shift shapes, become invisible (oh, to be invisible sometimes), and have unimaginable strength and anything the mind can conceive. Watching them use their special gifts, I secretly covet their power.  As I watch super hero movies, I want to be anything but what I am.  If only I could be someone strong, confident, ready to take on the world with my super human strength, but all I can do is sit here and think about how small and weak I really am.

Small and weak is what I am compared to an almighty God, but in His eyes I am His creation, His love personified. How could I not be special? The Lord has endowed in me a super power. He has given me His strength to persevere through any problem. I am a wonder woman. When everything in me says to cry, scream, or vent I feel his strength flow through my veins. Even when I break down, in the pain and grief, when I try to run from Him, I know He is perusing me, bringing me back to safety and peace-I endure.

I CAN do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13) Letting go of the past, I give Him my desires, and look forward to a bright future only He knows about. I persevere because of His awesome love, strength, and guidance. With Him I can take on this world and conquer all. How about that for super hero strength?

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10



No comments:

Post a Comment